Friday, June 10, 2005

Episode VI: Surprise...Surprise!!

Oook, maybe d title should be horror of horrors cuz I'm not exactly pshyched abt getting the offer letter. "Huh, what offer? Thought the deadline is over?" you wonder. But well, maybe I'm just to sought-after *growl* or what, I dunno, but SMU sent me the offer letter yesterday. Yeah, great....Just when I've squeezed my brain juice dry just to decide between NUS & NTU, now I must reconsider. And after I told my family, not only EvilMan pestered me but my whole family (except the Bovine) tried to talk me out of going to NUS. Damn, why can't they just support me? Hey being a chemist is quite noble ok! What if I were the one who create some cure for the currently incurable disease or some magic pill or whatever. Ya'll bow down to me, I tell ya. Sheesh...

Don't get me wrong, I've totally nothing against accountancy. Yes, it's a good profession, but so is chemistry. But hor, the way EvilMan said it, it was as if I won't be able to cope with the studies, won't be able to get job easily n even if I do, it's a lousy job, and worst, it was a consensus that being a chemist would have no life n I'll end up being a dork. WTF!

Oh well, guess gotta do d pro-con thingy again. Don't miss it on the next episode.......

No comments: