Saturday, October 27, 2007

Welcome to the Family, guys!

.... and here's some cookies as ur welcome gift :):)


That was the first time ever since I came to Singapore that I've seen so many ppl getting baptised. 11 people! Majority are from earliteens. 2 from BRATz! Congrats to Denise and Teddy!

So happy especially for Teddy. He definitely has changed alot from the first time he joined BRATz. He was er.... rather chubby and bit wilful. Now he's much better. Trimmed down lots (but still considered as my 'babat' rival). And he's now even more diligent in reading his Bible than I am. Shame on me *shakes head*

Can't believe the BCD were baptised also o.O Those 3 mosquitoes.... A big headache in PF. So mischievous and can be super pesty. Hopefully they've really changed haha....Wait. Noe what? Bryan actually complimented my cookies *gasp* The most rascal one.... First time he said nice things to me! I was really happy. LOL... All the effort baking those cookies till 11+pm yesterday paid off ^.^

Seeing all of them getting baptised made me remember my own and how I've changed since. I must say not really for the better. But somehow now I kinda feel lyk I've gotta change my attitude. Be a good role model, sth like tt. Feel kinda bad when Dom actually read all those F words and told me it was vulgar and I ignored him. Haha... Sry Dom, was really upset tt day. But well, I'm the kind who need to let things out. I'll be really mad and upset for a while, but shortly after tt I'll be fine and be a good girl again :) So yea...

Mayb I shud say things using their positive synonyms even when I'm upset. Like my bro said. Instead of saying, "F***, he's such a flirt and so lazy". I shud say, "Goodness me, he's such a super sociable and laidback guy." haha

Well neways, again to Ralph, Denise, Dom, Clarence, Bryan, Tasha, Nic, Grace, and the 3 Filipinos (forgot their names :S), WELCOME!!

I shoud've made more cookies so the rest of the youths cud eat them too. But since it was a new recipe, I wasnt sure how it would turn out. So only made half batch. But it turned out great! the kind of cookies i like. Crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside. Like Subway cookies :)

I think i took out a little bit early so it wasn't tt crispy (I didnt mind tho). An extra minute or two wud make it perfecto. Finally I found the perfect (at least for now) choc chip cookies recipe!

Well, I won't be selfish and keep recipe for myself. Here's to all cookie monsters out there ;)

Addictive Chocolate Chip Cookies
(courtesy of 'bakingsheet')
2 cups ap flour
½ cup quick cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350F and line a few baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Blend in vanilla extract and egg. Slowly add in the flour mixture until nearly combined.
Add in chocolate chips and stir until dough is uniform in color and chip distribution.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 40 cookies.

Note: I suggest reducing the sugar by 2 tbsp at least, unless u've a very sweet tooth.


Argh, I hate using camera phone but bro took my camera >.<

No comments: